The information provided here is intended to document interfaces and features of OrangeFS that may not be documented elsewhere. These sections should eventually be added to or subsumed by the main body documentation.
- Posix-like APIs - These interfaces allow programs to access OrangeFS bypassing the Linux kernel
- Distributions - Distributions control how data is distributed among the servers in a file system
- Object Interface - Functionality of OrangeFS dealing with access to individual data files
- Client Core Readahead Cache - The client core readahead cache can automatically turn small unaligned I/O into aligned block I/O
- Directory Hints - How to set hints on directories that control how files are created